Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amaryllis52

Craftsman 1/2HP 1999 Garage Opener wall control unit malfunction

amaryllis52
12 years ago

Hello,

I am quite baffled about regarding this situation. I have a wall unit, two remotes and kepad, all work well to open and close the garage door, until we had a major power outage that lasted for several hours. I had to disconnect the garage door manually to be able to get my car out. After the power was restored I re-engaged the door to the opener, the remotes work, and the keypad works, but the wall unit does not work !! All I see is the LED on the Open/Close button blinking rapidly. The motion detector in the wall unit quit working (it did before the power outage). Its a three button wall unit, with Open/Close Buttons, Lock and Light buttons. I have to manually turn the lights on and off, the other two buttons seem to do nothing. I tried pressing the Lock for 10 seconds, nothing !

My only guess is during the outage, the wall unit lost its programming (either due to no internal battery or dead battery), and that it needs to be reprogrammed. The light switch can turn the lights on and off, which I am guessing the light switch is hard wired to the opener. These are all just guesses.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Also where can I get a copy of the users manual.

Thank you very much for your help.

P.S: we are not the original owners of the unit, it came with the house.

Garage opener info:

Model: 139.53976SRT

MFG Date: 10/99

120V, 5A, 60Hz, 1/2HP

Comments (7)