Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman door going up and down by itself

Posted by thomasrug (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 14, 07 at 3:20

All of a sudden, my Craftsman 139.53914D Door Opener started activating by itself. It opened and closed many times within a one hour period before I unplugged it. I activated it with the remote knowing that doing so changes the security code. That didn't stop it. Then, I erased all remote codes by pressing and holding the Learn button. That did not work either. I unplugged it just so I could get some sleep. What could be the problem?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman door going up and down by itself

Sometimes the insulation on the wires running to the wall control are cut by the staples or the wall control shorts and can cause this problem. You can eliminate both by removing the wires to the wall control at the motor unit. Remember which one goes where. One has a red tracer. If this doesn't cure the problem you may have a bad logic board.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here