Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garage Door will not shut.

Posted by coachp (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 23, 08 at 1:00

I have a 1/4 HP Craftsman gdo. It will only move about a foot when closing. I have changed the RPM sensor out with the my other gd. and the same thing happens. While the other door works fine. A few months ago the door was shut and it hit my hitch on the back of the truck and cracked the top panel....could that have something to do with it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garage Door will not shut.

Does the door close freely when it is disconnected from the opener? It might be the sensors in the doorway are misaligned also. If the main light flashes 10 times and the door reverses to the open position it is sensors.

o

Both lights are solid green.....the trolley moves down the track just fine with out the door engaged to it

o

One of the tracks was loose at the bottom it must have been getting in a bind.....all is well now. Thanks for the williness to help don.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here