Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Has anyone installed a car lift in their workshop/garage?

Posted by staccato (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 8, 07 at 0:54

I'm interested in feedback on this. I see a place here that sells 2 post lifts for about $5K.
http://www.westernhoist.com/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Has anyone installed a car lift in their workshop/garage?

I've been looking at these myself. I was looking at the 4 post variety. I thought they were a little more stable and spread the load out on 4 posts rather then two. Found a few companies that had the them for around $1900-2300. If I remember they were in the 7000 lb capacity range.
I was going to use it primarily for double storage,but also to work on the cars.
Ron

o

Do these post type lifts have to set into the concrete or do they fasten some other way to the floor?

o

The one a neighbor has is bolted to the concrete floor of the garage. His is a 4 post. He stores a Corvette on the upper tier.
Ron

o

I have installed a 2 post in ground hoist in my garage and my father has a 2 post above ground hoist in his. A above ground 2 post hoist at $5ooo in to much. As far as brands go, Rotary in my opinion are the best. They have been in bussiness scince th 1930's. I love my in ground hoist. You dont have to worry about door dings and trying to work on the inside of the vehicle when on the hoist. The above ground take up a lot of room also unless thats not a problem. You also need a tall cieling for a hoist to work properly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here