Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman 1/3 hp GDO remote problem

Posted by nate_o (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 20, 06 at 23:37

I have bought a used Craftsman 1/3 hp GDO and installed it. The button on the wall works but I can't get the remote to work. The model is 41A3066 and it doesn't have any kind of lrn button on the unit and nothing inside the remote to change other than the battery ,and I did. The only thing on the opener is a code bar and I don't know if it might have got changed the remote reads 139.53859. The guy I got the GDO from said it worked fine a week ago but doesn't have the book that it came with and we can't figure it out. Can anyone help?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman 1/3 hp GDO remote problem

Nate you say the opener has a "code bar". Can you explain what this is? Is it a small plastic box with several slide switches?

o

DON I was hoping you would replay. From the other forums it looks you know alot about this subject. And the answer is yes. And other than the wiring screws and up/down force screws that is the only thing on the GDO.

o

Okay, if you have the correct remote you will find the same set of switches inside. You may have to remove the small phillips head screw to get to it. The switches are numbered 1 through 9 and each one has 3 positions. They are marked by a +, an 0 or a - sign. The position of the switches in the remote must match exactly the switches on the motor unit. Yours may have less switches but they still must match. Hope this helps.

o

The remote I have has nothing inside chip board.

o

nate, the only remote that will work with an opener that has dipswitches is one that also has them. I think the seller misled you.

o

The man that I got the door from had two on his house. He took them down and sold me the one that was not used much,thinking it would be in better condition, and sold the other to someone else. He is a friend of the family so I trust that it was working. The reason I tell you this is to ask, Could it have worked some how in conjunction with the other door or remote but not alone?

o

nate, he could have given you the remote that went with the other opener. I would tell him the problem you are having and maybe he can get it straightened out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here