Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amyyo_gw

Baffling Garage Door Problem

amyyo
13 years ago

My Liftmaster garage door has had intermittent problems since it was first installed. The logic board was replaced under warranty and it is still having problems. On occasion it freezes about 2 feet off the ground when closing with the remote. When the remote is hit immediately after, it continues to close. This has happened with my husband's remote and with mine. The tech has been out a couple of times and can't figure it out. He's been in contact with the technicians at Liftmaster who are just as baffled. They suggested changing out the opener on the wall, but the tech didn't see how that would cause the problem. He says if it were a sensor problem, the door would reverse on pressing the remote again. And if it were a short, the unit would stop working altogether right after. It's hard to troubleshoot because the problem happens only sporadically and infrequently. So far, it's only happened on closing and using the remote. Has anyone else had this problem? Anybody have any ideas about what the problem could be? I told the tech I'd check the forums to see if anyone can solve this puzzler. He's wondering if it could be the logic board, again! For a while we thought we could live with this inconvenience until one Saturday when we left the door part way open while out all day.

Thanks in advance for any insight anyone might have.

Comments (4)