Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
using multiple remotes with one garage door opener

Posted by cibanez (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 27, 06 at 22:41

Hi!
I just moved to an apartment building and our garage holds 9 cars, we have a Cratsman 1/2 hp. 06/00 41A4315-7D
I was able to program my remote (craftman remote) today but messed up everyone elses, so now only mine and the 3 that own universal remotes work.
I need to program all remotes tomorrow, I have a few questions... maybe someone can give me a clue....
With mine it will be 6 remotes - how many can be programmed?
Just like i messed all today when I do another one tomorrow will I mess the previously programmed ones?
Does this mean that if someone else programs a new remote it will mess everyone up?

Thanks! I will apreaciate any help, I don't want to bother all of my new neighbors!!
Claudia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: using multiple remotes with one garage door opener

I think what you need to do is get all these remotes together and get the correct model number off the opener. The number you gave is a part number for the logic board. The model number looks like 139.XXXXXSRT1 or 2. Then call 1-800-528-5236. This number will connect you to a technical representative for the manufacturer. They will help you.

o
RE: using multiple remotes with one garage door opener

It depends. There may be a limit... Do these remotes have dip-switches or no dip-switches for programming? If they have dip's you can program in as many as you want. If they are not, you will have a limit on how many can be programmed into the operator. You may need a commercial receiver designed to handle many remotes,Or a remote/receiver set with dip-switches... Dan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here