Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sears/craftsman 1/2 hp garage door opener light issue

Posted by sboehler (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 11, 07 at 21:05

All,

I have a S/C Garage Door Opener (Model 139.53614) and I am having an issue with the light on the unit. I have had this unit for several years and all of a sudden the light on the unit does not turn on. I changed bulb and that is not the issue. I took the front panel off, and I disconnected and reconnected the wires to the socket and nothing there either. Any thoughts? Has anyone run into this before?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sears/craftsman 1/2 hp garage door opener light issue

The sockets on some of these older openers were not reliable. Try unplugging the unit and then pull out on the center connector in the socket with a screwdriver. Sometimes works.

o
RE: sears/craftsman 1/2 hp garage door opener light issue

I also had a similar problem with my Sears Craftsman garage door opener. While Sears said the part may be covered by warranty, it would cost $65 for them to get it done. I am considering filing a class action lawsuit against Sears. If you would like more information on joining the class, please email a summary of your experience with Sears and/or the garage door opener, along with your contact information: name, tele. no., e-mail address. Thanks, Mitchell Rait. mrait@comcast.net

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here