Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GDO lights

Posted by martinsrus (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 25, 06 at 20:51

I've got a Craftsman 1/2hp GDO almost like my neighbors - mine has 2 lights, and his has 1. When you walk through the sensors, his lights come on, mine don't. I've double checked the wiring, and all seems fine. The door opens and closes fine, and all 3 remotes and door button work good. The light comes on when the door is opened and closed, and goes off after a couple minutes. Any Idea how to make these lights come on when something passes between the sensors?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GDO lights

This is a feature of newer models and might not work on yours. The way to toggle this feature off and on is to hold the light button in on the wall control for 10 seconds. You can try it and if it doesn't work you will know your model doesn't have it.

o
RE: GDO lights

That is a "newer" option in some garage door openers. Sears, Liftmaster, Chamberlain. Few years anyway... Dan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here