Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
universal garage door keypad...

Posted by andrelaplume2 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 12, 12 at 19:13

Pop had a new garage door installed and I got the gargage cleared so the car could go in. (its not driven much anymore). We had an Odyssey 1000 ohd opener installed. I do not know if this is a good opener or not but it was inexpensive and likely will last a long time since its seldom used.

Well, I have found the need fo a wireless keypad in the front for getting into the garage...rather than walking around back where there is locked door. Its dark back there at night.

Is there a universal keypad that will work for this door. Overhead door company wants a fortune for their pad...or even another opener...and the opener clicker for the car of theirs was not that impressive!

Reccomendations....something at the depot under another name?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: universal garage door keypad...

Below is a link for the 3 most popular. If you google 'universal garage door keypad' several reviews for the Chamberlain come up.
One review mentioned the Chamberlain requires photo-eye safety sensors, so I assume yours has this?

Here is a link that might be useful: keypads

o

I assume these are the things that cause the door to reverse itself if something crosses its path while closing...if so then yes.

o

The LinMaster is $15....hell I can get two for the price of the chamberlain...any reason not to...are these at the HD?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here