Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to raise carport pavement?

Posted by swampwiz (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 1, 10 at 18:58

I have my eyes on buying a house, but it has the problem of the carport flooding a little bit in the front from the runoff from the street. The house itself is not a problem since it is about 1-1/2' higher. Probably all that is needed is for there to be an about 2" or so of extra concrete on top of the current pavement.

Is this something that can be done relatively easily? Or would I have to get the whole carport pavement removed and do the carport from scratch?

The driveway itself is also low, and all I am going to do there is just rip up the old driveway (which is all cracked and beat up anyway) and put in a little fill. I don't even plan to park in the driveway except maybe when I would be going away for a long time.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to raise carport pavement?

how far away is the carport from house? if carport is under water, is there water in basement? nothing worse than a wet basement. but you dig a hole in the ground and put in a basement and it always wants to fill up with water.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here