Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to insulate my wooden panelled garage doors?

Posted by andy2007 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 7, 07 at 18:31

Can I just take Pink Fibreglass wooly stuff and glue it
on the doors from the inner side of the garage? I also
have several gaps and cracks between the door, tracks and
the door frame etc. Also in the bottom of the door the
black rubber may be worn-out. It is only a two year old
home. The garage door cracks/gaps bring in snow/rain and
freezing cold air which makes the garage temeperature
about 2degrees Centigrade.
Please any suggestion/comments, thanks
andy2007

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to insulate my wooden panelled garage doors?

Have you ever been to anyones home and seen pink fiberglass stuff glued to the inside of their garage doors? What you need is a garage door technician to correct the problems you have.

o

you can buy the sheets of styrofoam in 8 foot sections and attach them with sheetrock screws and metal washers. i tried this and it works well. you can buy the weatherstripping for the sides and bottom of your door from about any hardware or dept store. good luck......Al

o

what needs to be adjusted to make the garage warmer? is it a leaky door? even if the door is sealed or even replaced with a better fitting door, will that make the garage much warmer? the door must be pretty leaky around the edges to allow the temp to hit 36F. sounds like a garage heater might help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here