Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Liftmaster problem

Posted by skip50 (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 6, 09 at 17:55

I need some help on troubleshooting my liftmaster door opener. When you try to open the door the motor hums for a short bit and does not open the door. I pressed the learn button and the the light comes on for a short while and goes out. Not sure if this is a logic board issue or safety sensor issue. Any ideas? Your help is much appreciated.

Skip

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Liftmaster problem

Take a look at your door springs. Sounds like one might be broken. Also remove the cover and look at the drive gear. It is white nylon just in front of the motor and may be stripped.

o

Thanks Don, I will check both.

o
re: nylon gear is worn

Don 1, The door springs look fine however the large white nylon gear is stripped. In the bottom of the case was a lot of white pieces and dust. Is this something a basic handyman like myself can replace or do I need to get a pro involved?
Many thanks,

o

If you are a handyman you shouldn't have any problems doing this. The parts come with instructions. The part number is 41A2817 and is available at any good door service company.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here