Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman 139.53627SRT Chain driven Garage Door Opener

Posted by myusicman (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 19, 08 at 17:41

I just bought my home that had this model garage door opener. It worked fine when we had the home inspected pre-purchase. When we moved in, it started acting up, but then seemed to "fix itself". After we cleaned out the garage and straightened it up, it began doing the same thing again. We did nothing more than carefully brush spider webs off the sensors and wiring attached to the sensors with a broom. Specifically, it works fine going up, but when closing, as soon as it starts downward motion, it returns and the overhead lights blink 10 times. I checked the sensors. As best I can tell they seem to be in alignment with one another, and the wiring seems to be solid, but before I check further into wiring, perhaps someone knows something about the trouble I'm having. The Sending sensor has a steady green light, but the Receiving sensor has no light at all, of any color, at any time. If I hold the wall switch, the door will close just fine. Thanks to anybody that can help. Also, is there anywhere that I can get a user manual for this GDO?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman 139.53627SRT Chain driven Garage Door Opener

Your receiving sensor or the wiring to it is bad. An owners manual should be available from Sears.com. Click on parts and enter your model number.

o

I have a manual

o

myusic man, try checking the wire from the reciver to the gdo, especially around the stapels.

Odds are you dont have them eyes aligned at each other correctly. odds are Board did not die from you cleaning, nor did the sensors.
odds much higher you bumped them out of alingment a lil, or broek a wire.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here