Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
myusicman

Craftsman 139.53627SRT Chain driven Garage Door Opener

myusicman
16 years ago

I just bought my home that had this model garage door opener. It worked fine when we had the home inspected pre-purchase. When we moved in, it started acting up, but then seemed to "fix itself". After we cleaned out the garage and straightened it up, it began doing the same thing again. We did nothing more than carefully brush spider webs off the sensors and wiring attached to the sensors with a broom. Specifically, it works fine going up, but when closing, as soon as it starts downward motion, it returns and the overhead lights blink 10 times. I checked the sensors. As best I can tell they seem to be in alignment with one another, and the wiring seems to be solid, but before I check further into wiring, perhaps someone knows something about the trouble I'm having. The Sending sensor has a steady green light, but the Receiving sensor has no light at all, of any color, at any time. If I hold the wall switch, the door will close just fine. Thanks to anybody that can help. Also, is there anywhere that I can get a user manual for this GDO?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Cellko Construction Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Licensed General Contractor Serving Loudoun County