Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Snow blower won't roll

Posted by Jsteinberg (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 13, 14 at 16:54

I have an MTD Gold 2 stage 600 series snow thrower. It has been working fine but now won't move. Engine is fine. Won't even roll. I have it on it's end and the drive plate and belt look fine. I've slid the large gear assembly that consists of a big and small gear to the left. Everything spins. I slide the small gear on the hex shaft to the left to meet the big gear and everything spins. I slide the big gear assembly back to the right, leaving the small gear on the hex shaft left, and engage the small gear on the gear assembly to the large gear on the hex shaft and everything spins. Re-engage the small gear on the hex shaft and nothing moves.

Summary: When the two gear(small and large) assembly that is left most on the axle is engage with both small and large gear on the hex shaft, nothing moves.

When one of the two gears on that assembly is engaged with it's respective gear on the hex shaft everything spins. Together nothing.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Snow blower won't roll

Make sure the set screw is tight on the belt pulley.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here