Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Squeegee question

Posted by andrelaplume2 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 13, 08 at 16:54

We pull our cars in the garage. The snow and rain drips off. I usually end up trying to push all the puddled water out of the garage with a broom---it is not effective. I spent $25 on a squeegee at HD in the broom aisle. It says its for basement floors and garage floors. It has a long wooden handle with a curved squeegee at the bottom. The squeegee (rubber) piece is about 1/4 thick and maybe an inch and a haf high. It is NOT easy to push and NOT very effective. Did I buy the wrong thing? I would think the ideal thing would have a squeegee (rubber end) that was more flexible and may 3 inches tall....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Squeegee question

and.,

Is the cement surface smooth or rough? That could be the difference between an easy or hard push. I've got a similar squeegee and know for certain its not as easy as using a broom. For a light snow I do use the squeege on the sidewalks instead of a shovel.

Best of luck, rredogg

o
RE: Squeegee question

You don't push a sqeege, you pull it.

o
RE: Squeegee question sp.

Squeegee. missed a few letters.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here