Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
craftsman gray button remotes

Posted by sandicedric (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 1, 08 at 16:18

I just replaced my craftsman garage door that I purchased in 1999, this came with the gray button remotes. The new garage door is also a craftsman but came with black button remotes. We were able to use the same sensors, wiring and main control pad with the new unit, however I am not able to use the gray button remotes. I have opened up the remotes and everything seems to be identical. Is there a way I can use the gray button remotes with new garage door opener. I have tried to reprogram.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: craftsman gray button remotes

There have been several posts regarding the problem you have. If your new unit is less than 90 days old call Sears technical help and explain the problem to them. It may help if you have all the model numbers when you call. If you get an answer we would all appreciate if you would post the results.

o

The new gdo that you purchased is security plus.
The openers that you have from your old one is not compatable with the new ones. Don't fret about trying to use them they will not work with the new system.

o

Hi the inability to interchange is not due to a change in the coding algorythm, eg security plus.

The black button system are 315 Mhz and the older systems were 390 Mhz. they are not interchangeable as teh carrier frequencies are different.

The industry has been using 390 for years cuz it had less interferenc eproblems than 315.

315 bandwidth belongs to tio sammy, he awanted it back , remotes are back on 390 mhz band carriers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here