Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman 1/2 HP chain drive garage door sensors

Posted by dannyds1 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 11, 08 at 13:26

My craftsman 1/2 HP garage door will start down first then go up. Even if the door is down to start with. I can see where one sensor light is green but the second is a steady yellow. Is this an indication of a problem with the sensors?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman 1/2 HP chain drive garage door sensors

We have a Model 139.53525SRT 1/2 HP . We recently had the springs replaced, had been working ok. We have had the partial opening then going back up with the light flickering situation, which I guess was an optical sensor issue. Most recently, occasionally the door was going down too far and bouncing back open.

Now it simply buzzes when you hit the opener, nothing moves, the buzz pauses briefly and a second buzz happens again and nothing moves. It seems to me we had this happen a few years ago, too, and we got it going again, but we can't remember what it was. Seems playing with the sensors, lubricating the rails or flicking the switches have gotten going again in the past. Warmer weather helps, too. Suggestions welcome. Haven't looked up in the gear / sprocket area too close yet. We have the manual ... seems overtravel might be an issue / jammed into stop bolts it suggests

o
RE: Craftsman 1/2 HP chain drive garage door sensors

Hi dd, look closely 4 a flickering receiver, or one that flickers while th edoor is closing. Only takes one flicker from loose rail or sensor mount to reverse door.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here