Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman Garage Door Opener

Posted by chris_rossbach (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 17, 09 at 13:17

First, thank you to the people who run this site and forum, and to the people who respond to the posts.

I have two Craftsman 1/2 HP GDO's model 53674 SRT2. GDO 1 works great, remote, keypad, etc. GDO 2 opens with wall switch and remote but will only close with wall switch pressed until the door is closed. The light is flickering on receiving eye. I have tried adjusting the eye...no luck. The light still flickers and same problem exists. Is it safe to assume that I need a new kit? Is there something else I can try before I spend the $50 on a new kit?

Thanks again. It is forums on-line like this that has saved me hundreds of dollars in repair costs in and around my house.

Chris

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman Garage Door Opener

Chris before you spend the $50 why don't you try the receiving sensor from the other opener? It's worth the trouble just to make sure.

o
RE: Craftsman Garage Door Opener

Thanks for the post. I'm hesitant to touch the one GDO that IS working. Call me chicken. "If it ain't broke..." mentality here.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here