Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
garage door remote troubles

Posted by rtdac (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 14, 08 at 13:10

Help! My original 92' Craftsman 41A3624 garage door opener is being opend by my wife's and my neighbor's home link systems that were programmed for newly installed Genies'. I have only programmed my wife's home-link to activate her Genie side and did not program it to open my Craftsman side. I have erassed all codes several times and even went as far as to unplug the Genie's while re-programming the Craftsman and visa versa. It's not just the home-link, the Genie remotes activate it as well. Any idea's to stop this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: garage door remote troubles

bump

o

Hi if your systrem is a pre 93, it may be old enough it has simple logic with non rolling code and only a smaller number of codes.

Not sure if this will do it, but erase and reprog cman. Then ERASE both HOMELINKS, and reprogram them with older craftsman unplugged.

Dont program genie remotes yet. Trythat. if still opens older cman, repeat process but dont reprogram homelinks after erasures. Just redo the genie remotes. See what happpens and repost.

o

I have the same trouble. I have a 1991 1/2hp Craftsman Model# 139.53415SR. I just installed a new Genie Model# 2022 and the remote for my Genie opens the old Craftsman. I have come home several times to an open Craftsman garage bay while the Genie is closed as I left it. But every time I open my Genie bay the Craftsman bay opens as well. Did you find a solution to your problem?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here