Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sears 1/2 hp GDO replaced Gear...I have a ?

Posted by ltngrods (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 16, 09 at 12:33

I replaced the broken gear on my GDO. It seems that the trolley is moving the opposite direction. When I press the button, the trolley moves down the track and hits the bolts at the end of the track. When it hits the bolt, it returns back a few inches. I have the same GDO in my other garage and the trolley moves the opposite direction when you press the button. The sensors are clean and aligned, and I labled my wires before unplugging them and reinstalled them correctly.

Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sears 1/2 hp GDO replaced Gear...I have a ?

It sounds like your limit switch assembly and your chain may be out of sync. Loosen the chain enough that you can remove it from the sprocket. Now run the opener until the sprocket runs in the counterclockwise direction and stops. With the door in the open position and everything connected as it should be replace and then tighten the chain. This will get everything back in sync and you may have to tweak the up and down limit controls just a bit.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here