Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
craftsman 1/2 hp keyless entry

Posted by jockyfa (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 17, 07 at 12:21

I have purchased the Keyless entry for that opener (mind you, I live in EDMONTON where it can easily be -30 and no problems, other than ice) - but I cannot make the pad work. I was wondering if you had any advice there, Don, the learn button works, the pad lights up, but after the four numbers, and hitting ENTER, nothing - it does not work. I've replaced the battery, and tried lots of things like using the remotes to set the pad - but still nothing. Please help - jocky

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: craftsman 1/2 hp keyless entry

There are several different frequencies craftsman openers work on. Therefore there are several different keyless and they are not interchangeable. What is the model number or the color of the learn button on your opener? I think you may have bought the wrong keyless for your opener.

o

The keyless entry pad located on the outside wall of the garage isn't working. Is there a battery that needs replacing? The light on the buttons doesn't light up. And sometimes the light on the garage opener (that lights up the garage) stays on and dosen't shut automatically if the garage is close. But if the garage is open it will go off.
What do you suggest?

o

There is a battery in the keypad. The circuit and relay that turns the light on doesn't know if the door is open or closed so I don't understand this. The light does stay on for 4 1/2 minutes which can sometimes seem like an eternity.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here