Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garage door reverses after closing

Posted by rusa7 (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 9, 07 at 11:33

Hi all,

I recently replaced my drive gear which was worn out. I now have a problem where the garage door reverses immediately after closing. The led on the garage door opener does not blink. I have tried:

1. Decreasing the down travel (couple of 360 degree turns clockwise but it didnt help)
2. Decreasing the down force (about 20 degree turn anticlockwise. The force adjustment is pointed to about 4 o'clock.) I didnt try increasing it lest I wear out my drive gear.

I also tried to grasp the door while it was travelling downward but it continues to move down. It doesnt stop. There is no problem when it is travelling up.

Could this be because of a balancing issue or just an adjustments problem.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garage door reverses after closing

Take the cover off the opener and watch the limit switch assembly. I think the down limit is still not adjusted correctly. The correct adjustment for the down force is when the door consistently closes properly. Never increase it unless absolutely necessary. When the door hits the floor before the down limit is contacted the safety circuit in the logic board reverses the door to the open position.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here