Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Liftmaster 3850

Posted by almach5 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 17, 09 at 11:01

I just had a Liftmaster 3850 installed (in North Jersey) for $450. It replaced an old/busted Genie unit. This unit is QUIET and thus far works perfect. It was worth it to me to have it professionally installed. The old Genie did not have the Safety Reversing Sensors and the new system was installed with them. I agree with the prior posting: Very nice so far... The installer did not provide the manuals to the remote or wall unit, but I downloaded them from the liftmaster.com website.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Liftmaster 3850

I DO have one question that I did not realize after the installer left (and he did not change the wall unit from French to English...)... there is a small green light flashing continuously from the overhead unit. Is this a problem? Or is it normal? This is not addressed in the owners manual. Thanks!

o
RE: Liftmaster 3850

If the small green light is just to the left of all those white wires it is normal for it to flash randomly. If you watch that light while you press the button on your remote you will see it flash rapidly. That same light will blink codes to help with diagnoses when you are having a problem.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here