Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
apartment barn garage plan

Posted by vancleaveterry (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 15, 08 at 9:34

I like this plan (36 x 22) but wonder if it would cost a fortune to build in a larger size, 50 x 32?

How would the curved second story walls be built?

Here is a link that might be useful: barn garage

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: apartment barn garage plan

Well, it will be less per sq. ft., but obviously more expensive.

The proportions will change, though, so you'd need to rethink the plans. The curve will have to be less sloped unless you want a really tall second floor.

I assume the curve is built by using regular roof joists, but building up at the two ends and then putting sheating on with a curve.

o
RE: apartment barn garage plan

Thanks Heimert

I think if affordable I would keep the proportions the same as they are. I like those lines and wouldn't mind a tall second floor. I guess it comes down to cost.

>>>>>building up at the two ends and then putting sheating on with a curve<<<<<

I think you're right. Sure sounds labor intensive.

Terry

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here