Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help - Erratically functioning Liftmaster

Posted by beezer911 (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 19, 08 at 23:56

Hello all,
Here's one you don't get everyday, I hope you can help me out. My Liftmaster started functioning erractically today. It will open various distances and just stop at various heights. This all started when I walked under it while it was opening and nailed my head on the bottom of the door - hard enough to make the door stop (yes - this hurt quite a bit). If I disconnect the door, the trolley seems to go back and forth just just fine - the problem occurs only when the door is attached.

Can jarring the door upwards, while it is opening, damage something specific in the opener? Any help on what to focus on first would really be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help - Erratically functioning Liftmaster

You would have to have a pretty hard head to do any significant damage to the door or opener. Lift your door manually. If it is heavy for you, then it is heavy for the opener as well and that is why it is stopping on you. On the back of the unit there are two dials with numbers running around them. One is the up force and the other the down force. Turn the up force up a number or two until the door opens consitently. If the door is heavy for you to lift you will need to get someone out to adjust the springs otherwise you will strip the gear in the opener.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here