Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman garage door opener problems?

Posted by owallach (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 21, 09 at 23:26

HI,

I have two 'probllems' with my garage door opener. It is a sears Craftsman 1/2 HP 315mhz module - 2005...
1. Garage light doen not turn on when I walk through sensors. The sensors are working and lighting properly for any other use case (security / door open or close)
2. My remote controllers stopped working. I've replaced bataries, but nothing... In additin to the Craftsman remotes, I have a built-in-car remote that is working fine, and a Universal, which I had to program to work on 310mhz (odd - could be the problem?), which works as well.

Please note that I've reset the codes and followed the 'learn' procidure in order to make the attempts to reprogram my original remotes, as well as the car's and universal (last two with success).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ofer.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman garage door opener problems?

Hi
We have had a closure issue also, it would lift OK, but not close with the remotes, only with holding the button down on the wall. We also have a Craftsman Opener which was in the garage when we purchased our home almost 14 years ago.

We solved our problem by ordering 1 pair of new sensors from prodoorparts.com for $23.95 plus shipping. We installed them last night and the Door works!!!!

o
RE: Craftsman garage door opener problems?

owallach, You must have a 3 button wall control to use this function. To have your lights come on automatically when you walk into an open garage you must start with the lights on. To turn the feature on, turn the lights on manually with the wall switch then press and hold the light button for about 10 seconds until the motor unit light bulbs flash. Now if the light bulbs are on, manually turn them out and the walk out through the open door. The light bulbs should come on. To disable this feature, start with the light bulbs off and everything else is the same.

You may be right about your universal remote causing your problem. I would erase the memory completely by holding the smart/learn button in for 6 seconds and then try programming your original remotes first. See if it works this way. If you then program the universal remote and your other 2 quit you will know.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here