Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman 1/2 hp Garage Door Opener, Chain Drive

Posted by cbbanks03 (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 6, 09 at 21:55

Hello, My Garage Door just stopped working one day when it was very cold outside. I went to let it up and it started opening and then it slowed down and then just stopped. you could hear the engine going but its now not working at all. I opened the box up and it seemed like little plastic shavings fell out and they were also all over the pullie mechanisms. any help would be greatly apprecicated. I tried searching this site but could not find anything.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman 1/2 hp Garage Door Opener, Chain Drive

Having problems with my garge door opener and appreciate any help, ideas or thoughts any one has. The opener works perfectly when the wall button is used and works perfectly when either the remote opener or the programmed button in my car is used when the car is in the garage to either open or close the door but will not open the door from outside the garage. HELP!

o

cbbanks the plastic shavings you found are part of the drive gear. It will need to be replaced. The part number is 41A2817.

lisa you have a bad logic board. It is the board on the end of the opener with all the white wires. The part number is printed there. It starts with 41A.......

o

Don,

I'm impressed with your knowledge of the garage door openers...you even give part numbers!!!!

o

Thanks maryland irisman but the real credit should go to the manufacturer who has kept these things standardized for a long time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here