Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman Garage Door Keypad Will Not Work Properly

Posted by cfv123 (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 5, 07 at 21:44

I attempted to reset the password on my keypad - I followed the instructions (reset the "learn" button, typed in new 4 digit code and held the enter button down for 10 seconds). However it still didn't take. Not only did it not take, but the previous PIN will not open the garage door. Anyone have any advise on how to fix this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman Garage Door Keypad Will Not Work Properly

Did you push in on the learn button and hold it for more than 10 seconds? If so, you erased the memory on the opener. To program the keylesss push the learn button and immediately release it, you have 30 seconds to punch in a four digit number and then hit enter. Sometimes you have to push and hold the buttons for a about a second to program it. If you erased the memory, you will have to program all the remotes as well.

o
RE: Craftsman Garage Door Keypad Will Not Work Properly

Thank you... I was able to reset mine... I couldn't find the manual, but happened across this forum... 5 minute fix on both garages... thanks...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here