Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
3 remotes all stopped working at once

Posted by pennryg (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 20, 09 at 21:21

My 3 craftsman remotes all stopped working at the same time. I was able to use the red learn button to fix 2 of them, but the 3rd still won't work. I replaced the battery and still nothing. It is an older model, 3 button remote. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 3 remotes all stopped working at once

You did good getting two of them working again. I would think the 3rd has just quit. Why they all quit at the same time is a mystery though.

o

don,

I don't know if the Craftsman are the same as my Chamberlin belt drives or if it would be related at all....Someone hit an electrical transformer and my power surged on and off about 3 times in rapid succession. All of my remotes had to be reprogrammed, including the wireless ones mounted on the outside. I again had the same issue once again when lightning struck nearby. Would those surges have cleared the memory?

o

I've not heard of these things erasing the memory but anything goes with electronics and surges. Maybe a good surge suppressor is in order although I have serious doubts about suppressing lightning. Some people swear by them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here