Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pennryg

3 remotes all stopped working at once

pennryg
15 years ago

My 3 craftsman remotes all stopped working at the same time. I was able to use the red learn button to fix 2 of them, but the 3rd still won't work. I replaced the battery and still nothing. It is an older model, 3 button remote. Any suggestions?

Comments (3)

• don_1_2006
    15 years ago

You did good getting two of them working again. I would think the 3rd has just quit. Why they all quit at the same time is a mystery though.

• maryland_irisman
    15 years ago

don,

I don't know if the Craftsman are the same as my Chamberlin belt drives or if it would be related at all....Someone hit an electrical transformer and my power surged on and off about 3 times in rapid succession. All of my remotes had to be reprogrammed, including the wireless ones mounted on the outside. I again had the same issue once again when lightning struck nearby. Would those surges have cleared the memory?

• don_1_2006
    15 years ago

I've not heard of these things erasing the memory but anything goes with electronics and surges. Maybe a good surge suppressor is in order although I have serious doubts about suppressing lightning. Some people swear by them.