Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wardydu

Craftsman 1/2 HP Opener

wardydu
16 years ago

OK..I refuse to give-up...

So, the sprocket on top of the motor unit of my craftsman 1/2HP garage door opener broke off. I ordered the entire sproket assembly, and worm gear unit and installed it myself following the instructions. Not very hard, made alot of notes and put everything back together. When I pushed the button for the much celebrated first test, the sprocket turned clockwise 3 or so times and then came right back the other direction. I tried this with the trolley in the open position, closed position, and every other position along the track...same result every time. My sensors work, one solid green, the other solid orange...No lights flash on the opener...I've tried the opening/closing adjustments and also the opening/closing force...Nothing works? Finally, I had a tech come out for a $20 service call and he told me it must be a bad circuit board...He didn't do anything to test this and honestly didn't seem to be very educated on the subject matter...Before I spend the money on a new opener, now having already installed the new gear, I would love to make sure I'm not missing anything?

Comments (7)