Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
1/2 craftsman

Posted by jkramer (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 31, 07 at 20:00

I recently installed a new garage door opener (2 months ago) the last few weeks it has begun opening and closing at random times. Any ideas? There are no other homes close by that are using their garages at these times so i don't believe it to be mixed signals.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 1/2 craftsman

This problem is most commonly caused when staples cut through the insulation of the wiring to the wall control. You can eliminate this possibility easily by removing the white wire with red tracer from terminal 1 at the opener. This will disable the wall control and the wiring to it. If the problem stops check the wiring and wall control.

o
RE: 1/2 craftsman

i have the same 1/2 craftman it worked fine for several years but now it does not recognize my remote and does not respond to any new settings.

i was advised that the garge door opener work fine but i need some setting to be fixed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here