Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sears/Cftsmn 1/2hp motor shaft resistance

Posted by lafamiliasmith (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 30, 09 at 20:00

The model number for this baby is 139.53603. It was just buzzing and clicking for a few seconds (trying to spin the shaft clockwise (down), then counter clockwise (up)) I took the cover off and can turn the shaft protruding from the rear of the motor with some pliers. I feel spotty resistance while manually spinning the shaft but don't know where it could be coming from. When I hit the button, if left on a non-resistant spot it will turn a little bit but only for a few seconds, then stops again, and does the reverse (but the shaft won't spin). (this is all with the door disengaged) I tried to get the motor off to get it checked out, but can't get the shaft out. Any ideas? If it sounds like the motor is shot, is it worth fixing, rebuilding, or should I just buy a new one?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sears/Cftsmn 1/2hp motor shaft resistance

Just to the left of all those white wires you will see an LED that flashes. See if it is flashing a code. It will flash and then pause and repeat. Very seldom is there a motor problem with these units.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here