Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
!/2HP Craftsman Door Opener

Posted by dalila (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 18, 07 at 19:58

I've a door that suddenly refuses to open using remotes. I've changed batteries, done the "program the tranmitter/receiver steps by pushing both buttons until the LED starts flashing again but its a no go. I can see the the LED flash on the receiver whenever I press the button on either remote so I think its trying to talk but the door never budges, light bulb never blinks, etc. The wired in controller on garage wall works fine. Any ideas would be appreciated. Apparently Sears has no online document system to help troubleshoot or learn a thing about their products that I've been able to find. Thanks, dalila

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: !/2HP Craftsman Door Opener

dalila first of all make sure the lock function hasn't been toggled on at your wall control. If the small light in the button is flashing press and hold the lock button for about 3 seconds. If the light quits flashing that was probably your problem and your remotes should work.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here