Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman Garage Door Opener Model 139.53413 - Won't stop running

Posted by reeseo (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 27, 08 at 18:36

I've just finished replacing the drive gear and worm gear on a Sears/Craftsman garage door opener. When I plug it in it just keeps running. The travel lift adjustment turns until the little metal contact travels past the up/down contact. I have turned the adjustment so that it touched either up or down contact but it still runs. I've checked the four pin circuit board plug to make sure I had it on right and checked all other wires/connections. I've also pulled the black cap off the end of the drive shaft and made sure it's on as far as I can get it. Any ideas what I should try next? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman Garage Door Opener Model 139.53413 - Won't stop run

Make sure the grey wire is connected to the center contact on the limits. In other words the white threaded rod that is driven by the very small gear on the bottom of the shaft. Make sure that small white gear is on the bottom of the shaft with the triton shaped keeper. Make sure the prongs that make contact with the up and down limit are not bent. If the opener worked fine up until the gear wore out, I would think that there is something being over looked. If everything checks out ok you can try to file the contacts and see if that fixes it otherwise you are looking at a circuit board or limit switch assembly gone bad. Double check everything and let us know what you find.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here