Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garage Door Opener

Posted by michael_millett (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 10, 09 at 16:33

I just installed a new opener. The remote will not work from anyplace but inside the garage. unless the door is open, then it will close it. It is a Sears model. Any help would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garage Door Opener

Could be a bad antenna on the circuit board or some type of interference with the signal may want to throw some new batteries in the remote and see if that fixes it.

Other wise you can use a small gauged wire and extend the antenna out toward the front of the garage to help pick up the signal when the door is closed. Or replace the circuit board.

o

You may have interference from some other wireless device (i.e. cordless phone) in the vicinity. You could try unplugging them one at a time to see if the GDO will perform better.

o

Call Sears. You have a warranty.

o
RE: Sears Garage Door Opener

I have a Sears 1/2 HP Garage Door Opener that is very old. (AUG 1 4 1981)
After lot of trying this is what I see, when I bring the recieving sensor to within 4 feet of the sending sensor then the Garage Door is close or open , everything works good. But if I'm goin farther nothing hapend.
I am looking for help on how to fix this problem, as cheaply as possible of course :-). Is there any thing I can do ? Or is there some thing else I am not doing correctly? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

o

If your opener is a 1981 model there won't even be parts available. You might check into a universal receiver and remote that will work. They are available at Sears, Radio Shack and I believe Home Depot.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here