Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
1/2HP Craftman Problem

Posted by neen01 (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 20, 07 at 16:30

I searched on here and saw a lot of posts but i don't see sensors on my door.
We moved in less than a year ago and have the 53515sr model. It worked fine then last week one door when trying to shut it only goes down 4 inches and then back up. I tried what other people have done on here - checked for sensor but dont see any, moved the up/down force all the way to low and nothing, moved the travel up/down screws and nothing, i see a yellow button by the wires but dont want to press it without knowing what it does
no manual from the previous owners
i held the wall opener and no difference and then i did the trick someone else had posted that when it was about to retreat i hit it again to stop it and inched it down that way and now its a couple inches off the ground but wont go up or down just to the ground and back up the couple inches
going to vacation in a couple weeks so dont want to leave it like that
also does pulling that red string just make it manual? dindt want to do that without double checking
any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 1/2HP Craftman Problem

Sounds like the RPM sensor is bad. That yellow button is to program new remotes. Due to the age of the opener, I would just replace it and be done with it. Yes, if you pull that red cord it does make the door manual.

o
RE: 1/2HP Craftman Problem

Thanks! Any recommendations of ones to get?? Also we have 2 doors and only one did this - better to just replace both?
Previous owners said they got new doors 2 years ago - so now i assume they got the actual doors and not the opener i guess so do you get all new tracks and opener? any idea on cost? installation?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here