Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rick_b_59

Lift-Master Garage Door Openers Not Operating

rick_b_59
16 years ago

Hi - I have two garage doors, each equipped with a Lift-Master 1265 garage door opener. A while back, they both stopped working. When I hit the "open" button, the door went up, but wouldn't go back down. Same thing happened to both openers, at the same time. I called the guy who installed them for the previous owner and he said it sounds like the circuit boards may be burnt out. When he did, I remembered that we had a power surge in our basement, due to a lightning strike, some time before that. He said that probably knocked out both boards. When I unplugged one unit and plugged it back in, I heard a "click". When I pushed the little red button, the green LED light went on. When I push the wall "up" button, the LED starts flashing. It flashes five times, then pauses, then repeats. I found replacement boards on-line, but am wondering if there is anything else I should try, before purchasing replacement boards. And also wondering if I should attempt to replace them myself or not. I'm pretty handy with home repairs. Is that a simple procedure or not?

Thanks,

Rick

Comment (1)