Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garage Door Opener remote problem

Posted by grabowski1966 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 31, 08 at 15:02

Craftsman Gagage Door Opener from 1999, model 139.53662SRT2. Have 2 remotes, they have always worked and then one day one of them was not working. I tried to re-program it according to instructions and it will not add it. I tried to erase all codes on the unit and add the two remotes. It will only add the first one. I have tried it many times and either remote will work but only one of them at a time. That makes me think both of the remotes are ok so I am hesitant to go buy a new one.
I did read some other postings and seems like someone else had this problem but I could not find a stated resolution.
Any input is greatly apprciated as I called 1800 numbers for Sears and Craftsman and they flat out won't help because the product is greater than 90 days old.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garage Door Opener remote problem

One of your remotes has reverted to an earlier technology. Although they will each work individually they will not work together. You need to purchase an exact replacement remote and then you will find you can program 2 of them but if you program the 3rd it will cause the first 2 not to work. Once you figure out the bad one remove the batteries and put the remote in the trash.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here