Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garage Door Opener

Posted by ikes (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 11, 09 at 15:00

I just got a new 1/2 HP Craftman Garage opener and had it professionally installed 3 days ago. After working for 2 days, it suddenly stopped working; it will not close the door. I have checked the sensor lights and they are green and amber as they should be. I checked the manual for possible issues. I find that Diagnostic LED is flashing five times. I have unplugged the motor as instructed in the manual to reset the unit but no luck. The only two other potential recourse as per the manual are to either replace the RPM sensor or the logic board.
Sears is willing to send a technician but they will charge me if none of the parts are defective.
It looks like several customers are having problems with their units.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garage Door Opener

I would have sears come out and take a look. You are correct either the RPM Sensor is bad or the circuit board is bad. Should still be covered under warranty.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here