Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Snow Blower problem

Posted by nosambos (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 10, 09 at 14:47

I have an ASAP question as it is still snowing and I have to do something fast. I had a fellow tune up my old Ariens 7HP snow blower and put on an electric start. I am not tall enough or strong enough to use the pull cord. He did a great job and at the time I could operate it without problem. I tried to really use it for the first time today. I pushed the primer button and moved the choke lever toward the right (back of the machine). The starter turned and turned but did not start. Now the starter is dead. I checked the circuit breaker that seems to be okay. What is wrong and what do I do next? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Snow Blower problem

There could be so many possible problems. Others may have different views on the problem....here are my thoughts...I'm not familiar with your exact snow blower Some have a battery and you may have run the battery down. Others connect to a 115v recepticle. If you kept cranking it, the starter motor may have over heated and tripped out on overload. Once the motor cools down, you should be able to crank it. Look to see if there is a fuel shut-off valve. Perhaps it is turned off. Do you smell raw gas? I have seen cases where fuel froze in the float bowl or fuel line also.

o
RE: Snow Blower problem

I have a 8HP Briggs motor. When I have it in side (50 degrees) it starts on the first pull every time. when I have it setting out side it will not start. I took off the spat plug and set on the block and it dose have spark. I also took the gas hose off the carb and the gas runs out. could you give me some ideas on what to try?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here