Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garage door roller coming out of bracket

Posted by bolton (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 28, 08 at 12:58

The bottom roller on my garage door comes out of the far side of the bracket which makes the roller go cockeyed when the door goes up and down. It seems to pull out as the door gets to the very top. The rollers don't seem to be the same distance away from the tracks between the left side and the right side. It also seems that the arm from the garage door opener "appears" to be be lined up more to the left side, but this could be an illusion or possibly standard. I think this just started happening recently. I've tried using silicon spray on the rollers, but that didn't help. I also tried pushing the door toward the right as it went up and that seemed to keep the roller in for that time, but the next time I brought the door up, it popped out again. To be clear, the roller doesn't pull out of the track.

What can I do to fix this issue?

Thanks.

Chris Bolton

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garage door roller coming out of bracket

The flag bracket is set too wide. The flag bracket is the bracket that the horizontal and vertical tracks connect to. With the door in the up position, back out the bottom lag bolt on the side that is popping out. Take a hammer and smack the side of the flag bracket moving it towards the door (you should see the track shift as well). Put the lag bolt back in. This will correct your problem. Your other option would be to install a long stem roller in the bottom bracket, but usually I just adjust the flag bracket.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here