Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
change PIN for keyless entry transmitter

Posted by herbi (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 24, 09 at 12:35

I would like to change PIN for keyless entry transmitter (#18755). Note: I have followed online instructions which include pressing an "enter" button. However, this 1980s devise doesn't have an enter button to push after entering a PIN. Need help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: change PIN for keyless entry transmitter

Check your other post.

o

what other post? i think i've only posted this one issue. pls elaborate.

o

Good question. I can't find it now either but I did ask you a question and I will again. Is your keypad hardwired?

o

yes..keypad is hardwired to another transmitter which also operates the garage door and is located just inside of garage door.

o

Okay we can do it now. Follow these instructions.

First unplug the garage door opener from the electrical outlet. Next remove the nameplate from the console that the keypad plugs into and locate the program/operate switch. Flip the switch to program. Next enter your desired four-digit PIN number into the keypad. Slide the switch back to operate and plug the garage door opener back in. The keypad should be programmed.

o

Success! and this didn't cost me a penny and the landfill site must be happy too!

thanks Don.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here