Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Costco/Hammer Network

Posted by gregdrose (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 28, 07 at 11:53

Has anyone used this service? Hammer network sells through Costco, I think Hammer network is owned by Amarr.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Costco/Hammer Network

Are you also thinking of getting a new garage door. If so and you do it thru Costco, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the products. We too are considering Amarr thru Costco.

o

I don't know anything about this particular item/service, but I found that Costco's price on Hunter Douglas was anything but cheap!

o

I just got a quote from them. I thought it was pricey, but also remember reading that the Amarr is one of the nicer steel doors. We got a quote for a the middle grade w/insulation and windows and it was $1300 installed. -- I just got a quote for a Marathon and it's $1000 for their mid grade insulated w/windows.

o

I don't know much about Amarr or Marathon doors. I have saw Amarr advertised on the internet. Be careful using your local hardware stores i.e Lowes, Homedepot etc. The guys they use are subcontractors who work out of their own trucks. In the area I live I have saw several doors installed completely wrong or just extremely sloppy work. I would also consider getting a bid from a local reputable door company.

If you do go with a local hardware store, do some back ground investigating on the contractor. NOT ON THE PLACE YOU BOUGHT THE DOOR FROM DO IT ON THE PERSON ACTUALLY INSTALLING YOUR DOOR. I am not saying they are all bad apples but, in the area I live, I have yet to see anything that has impressed me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here