Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with programming 2 remotes for my garage door opener

Posted by kmumley (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 11, 11 at 11:39

I have a 1992 sears craftsman garage door opener that i want to program 2 remotes for. The original remote works, but when i use the learn button to program a new remote (61LM Liftmaster), the new one works, but the old remote doesn't. If i clear the programming, and then program the original remote, it works, but the new one won't. Seems like i can't get both to work at the same time.

I was told that i was using 2 different technologies: one old remote and one new remote. This makes sense. So i went and bought another new remote, but still had the same problem: only one would work, and the other wouldn't. It only depended on which one i programmed first.

My question is how do i get BOTH remotes to work?

Garage door opener model # 139 535 15SR
Serial # 1121 D02680

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with programming 2 remotes for my garage door opener

I get confusing information when I check the Liftmaster parts. I find you should be using 81LM rather than 61LM. I do know that Sears still sells the remote for your opener. Their part number is 53778. It may not be available at the retail store but is available at their parts depots. If you are dealing with a Liftmaster dealer they should have the correct info for you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here