Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deegcom

Garage Door Installation

deegcom
15 years ago

Recently purchased Raynor Centura garage doors, beautiful doors. After the installation, noticed that the contractor did not install the torsion springs that I paid for, but rather regular springs. After discussion, they are returning next week to install the torsion springs that I paid for. Next question, noticed that the brackets from the ceiling were not replaced, but rather the 30 year old rusty ones were left up. When I questioned the contractor on this, he said that they do not normally replace these as the 30 year old rusted ones are stronger than anything that they would be replaced with. Can someone out there please advise as I find this hard to believe, but need some professional input. Thanks in advance to anyone out there who can answer this question...This is the first time that I am replacing garage doors and not too familiar with this type of installation...

Comment (1)

• doorguy06
    15 years ago

The brackets your referring to are known as drops in the garage door world. I do not replace them unless they are bad. It is not at all uncommon to reuse the old drops. And he is correct if you have solid iron drops up right now they are much stronger than the perforated angle that is used today.

Hope this helps.