Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garage Door Installation

Posted by deegcom (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 7, 09 at 10:51

Recently purchased Raynor Centura garage doors, beautiful doors. After the installation, noticed that the contractor did not install the torsion springs that I paid for, but rather regular springs. After discussion, they are returning next week to install the torsion springs that I paid for. Next question, noticed that the brackets from the ceiling were not replaced, but rather the 30 year old rusty ones were left up. When I questioned the contractor on this, he said that they do not normally replace these as the 30 year old rusted ones are stronger than anything that they would be replaced with. Can someone out there please advise as I find this hard to believe, but need some professional input. Thanks in advance to anyone out there who can answer this question...This is the first time that I am replacing garage doors and not too familiar with this type of installation...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garage Door Installation

The brackets your referring to are known as drops in the garage door world. I do not replace them unless they are bad. It is not at all uncommon to reuse the old drops. And he is correct if you have solid iron drops up right now they are much stronger than the perforated angle that is used today.

Hope this helps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here