Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trouble changing PIN on garage door keypad

Posted by hgtvgirl621 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 20, 11 at 9:52

Hi! I am wanting to change my PIN on my garage door keypad. My garage door keypad is a Chamberlain Clicker keypad, but my garage door motor is a 1/2 HP Genie Screw Drive motor. On the motor, I have found the door operator code switch settings where there are 12 switches that are either up or down that determine the four digit door code. On my Clicker keypad, it has the buttons 1-9, 0, *, and # buttons. I have taken the cover off of the keypad as well as the numbers to look on the inside to see if there are any switches, but there are none. So I am assuming there is a sequence of numbers or something I need to hold down on the keypad that will then want me to enter the door code to the motor so that I can change the PIN for my keypad. I am only assuming this. Does anyone know how to change the PIN? Thanks for any help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trouble changing PIN on garage door keypad

Go to the link below and follow the directions for Type 2.

You must have PDF.

Here is a link that might be useful: Genie

o

Wow. . these instructions are awesome and explain exactly how to change a PIN. When I went through the process, it did clear my keypad because my old PIN won't work, but when I type in the new PIN, the door won't open. So, I'm not really sure what I need to do now. Not sure what's wrong. I held down the * and # key until the light quit flashing. I then typed in my new 4 digit PIN and pressed #. Then typed in the two digit ID for my particular garage door motor and pressed #. After this, I typed in my 12 digit DIP switch sequence and pressed #. I waited for the lights to go off, typed in my new 4 digit PIN and pressed "0" but got nothing. Has anyone else ever had any issues with the procedure from the instructions?

o

Are you sure the receiver is working? Do you have remotes that work? Your opener is very old and I am wondering if you have a universal receiver that someone may have added along the way. Does your wall button look like a doorbell button or a rectangular box?

o

The remote works. Yes, the wall button looks like a doorbell button. Does any of this help to "diagnose" the problem?

o

By the way, don_1_2006, I appreciate you helping me with this.

o

Yhe wall control is hard wired to the opener and doesn't use the receiver.

o

So does that mean that the keypad cannot be programmed to open the garage door now that I've cleared the PIN number that was previously programmed?

o

I think if you call this number they can help you. Your clicker is made by this company. Technical Support Hotline at (800) 528-5880

o

Thank you. I will definitely call this number. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here