Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman Garage Door Openers

Posted by bucky69 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 18, 07 at 7:26

I recently installed a Craftsman 139.53513 door opener that I bought used. I have no manual or wiring diagrams. I hooked the push button up to the red and white terminals. The button now operates the door. That leaves three terminals open: black, orange and yellow. I have two transmitters, Carper 318, that seem to be the same system as the Craftsman. Both have nine, three position dip switches. I set these on the opener to match how the transmitters are set and got no results. Am I missing any parts or jumpers or anything? What do the three remaining terminals do? If this is just a case of the receiver being bad, can i replace it with an aftermarket receiver that would match my transmitters? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman Garage Door Openers

My honest advice is to not spend another penny on this. You seem to have done everything that should have made this unit work with the remotes. An aftermarket receiver would cost you almost as much as a new opener. See if you can get your money back and check the Sears ads.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here