Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Caftsman Garage Door Opener Code won't erase, neighbor open door

Posted by jannie_2008 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 7, 10 at 0:52

I have a Craftsman 139.53615SR made in 93. Recently I changed my transmitter/remote code. The opener accepted it and works. But since then the door can also be opened by my neighbor's remote. I tried to change the code several times already. The opener accepted all the new codes every time but my neighbor still can open my garage door. Please help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Caftsman Garage Door Opener Code won't erase, neighbor open d

Try these tips.

If one of your neighbors remote controls is inadvertently programmed into your receiver, you door will open when their remote is activated. If this happens you will need to clear out your receiver and reprogram your remote controls. Press and hold the smart/learn button for 6 seconds or until you see the small LED light near the button turn itself off. If the above steps have been followed and the symptoms continue, there may be an electronic short in either the wall control button or the receiver logic board. In this case, remove the wall control wires from terminals 1 and 2 on the motor unit. Should the symptoms persist after the wires are removed, replace the receiver logic board. If the symptoms stop with the wall control wires removed from the motor unit, replace the wall control button, and the wires leading to the wall control button.

o

I have a sear craftsman garage door opener 139.53615SR , this can be opened by neighs' remote. I try to erase the older code on receivers, but it did not work by pressing and holding the SR button for 6 seconds or 10 seconds. while I pressed and held the SR button, the SR light did not turn out. the code still there when I try to open the garage door by remote after I try to erase them from the craftsman garage receiver. I hope Door opener experts can tell me the better methods to erase the old code on the receiver.

Here is a link that might be useful: Julie38

o

I have the exact same receiver and the exact same problem. What did you wind up doing in the end?

Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here